Monday, November 18, 2013

What Have I Been Up To???

Ok I've been super bad at posting on this blog.  Which is a shame, I really ought to use it to my advantage.  I've been hard at work doing various Tripleslash Studios work trying to get Magnetic by Nature out there.  So if you don't know, we released Magnetic by Nature: Awakening on the XBLIG market and raised some money on kickstarter and got some more money at the Utah Game Wars Competition for Best Developed Game to turn the game into something bigger, badder, and wicked awesome.  So we have been working on that for over 6 months and it is looking and feeling great!  We will be releasing toward the end of 2013 on whatever platforms we can get it to.

Most recently I've been working on the end point flowers doing new ones for each zone and throwing in an idol animation and "on-touch" animation.  I'll try to get some pictures posted.

I recently got a full time job doing web design, graphic design, photo, and video for a real estate company in Midvale, UT called Realtypath.  You can check them out at www.utahhomes.org.

I've been stretching myself to learn about web design.  I've already done three websites for the company. Feel free to take a look -  I started with www.sellmyutahhome.com.  It was my first REAL website.  I learned a lot in the process.  I've been getting a little better and faster as time goes on. I still have a lot to learn.

For the next two websites I tried to draw inspiration from interior home design.  On www.saltlakecityhomesandrealestate.com I imagined a dark hard wood floor with a white leather couch resting gently on it.  I then took a color scheme that felt family oriented.  Almost like the kids left out some crayons on the floor. My intent was to create something fun but elegant.  I had some troubles getting the top navigation menu to stationary as the rest of the page scrolled.  But it was fun figuring it all out.

Most recently on www.searchhomesforsaleinutah.com I wanted to work with an Italian home theme.  I picked a granite background with a bit of a stucco texture. The color scheme then utilizes a burnt off-white and a deep red to show off the classy yet traditional flare of Italy.  The Turquoise adds a pop of color you might find in window drapes or painted wooden rocking chairs on the front porch.

I've had a lot of fun with these websites and know that I still have a lot to learn.  Who knew I'd enjoy web design so much?  

No comments:

Post a Comment